These pork neck spirals look and taste great!
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 60ml balsamic vinegar
- 45ml olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 sprigs thyme, leaves stripped
1. Using a sharp knife, butterfly the pork neck. Cover with cling film and flatten the meat with a meat mallet. The thickness of the meat should be as even as possible.
2. Arrange the salami in a layer on top of the meat, followed by the red peppers, and then sprinkle the basil and olives over the top; season with salt and pepper. Roll up the meat tightly and secure with skewers about 3cm apart. Cut between the skewers to make individual portions. Whisk the sauce ingredients together and drizzle generously over the meat.
3. Braai the spirals over moderate coals until cooked through or roast in the oven for about 30 minutes at 200°C. Baste continuously with the sauce and serve with a simple green salad.
IMAGE AND RECIPE: TUIS | HOME